There is a crisis in personal leadership today…
Many of us think of leadership as getting others to do what we want.
WRONG! That is control and manipulation, and it is debilitating to yourself and others.
This world desperately needs good leadership, and it begins with you!
It is time to renew your leadership mindset and base it on time-tested beliefs and principles, that have worked for thousands of years, that you have left to the wayside. You have bought into the culturally tolerated leadership mindset, that controls and manipulates by blaming, excuse-making, victimhood, fear, anxiety, presumption, narcissism, situational ethics, and value-judging – all of which is criticism, complaining, guilting, and “shoulding” on others.
Leadership that leads with fear and suppression, rescuing and enabling, conformity and labeling, or by marginalizing others, using ad hominem rhetoric, is toxic leadership.
We culturally have lost sight of edifying leadership principles, and you need to take responsibility to get them back.
Leadership is an inside job; it is having a leadership mindset.
For you to have a healthy leadership mindset you need to:
- Take personal responsibility in every situation that happens.
- Hold others in high esteem.
- Edify others by affirming their character.
- Be authentic and real.
- Be a person of exemplary character.
- Be humble and grateful.
- Be an inspiration to others.
- Be compassionate and empathetic, showing love for others.
- Be others-centered by putting yourself into other people’s shoes.
- Do the right thing, no matter the cost.
- Have faith, hope, trust, and courage in your given abilities.
- Be accountable in your leadership role.
Leadership begins with you! What will you do?
Ride the Elephant – The Journey to True Success is a perfect read to reflect on your personal leadership.